Starting nursery is a big change and can seem overwhelming for you and your child. This is why we believe that your child must be introduced slowly and thoughtfully, with you at the forefront of the process.
Before your child starts on either a full or part-time basis, they will have gradual settling in sessions.
You and your child can join us for an hour or two on a few occasions before they start. This gently introduces your child to our friendly nursery environment that will soon become familiar to them. It also enables you to see some of the fun activities that your child will be enjoying, and you can meet and get to know the staff members who will be caring for them.
The relationship between you and your child’s carers is important. Every child has a key person and a secondary key person. Your child’s key person will be your first point of contact. A key person observes your child and plans the next steps to encourage their development.
To strengthen your relationship with the staff we:
- Hold parents’ evenings every term to give you the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress
- Have suggestion boxes located in our reception areas – we value your opinions
- Send out regular questionnaires so that we can use your feedback
- Produce monthly newsletters to keep you updated
- Organise events that you can attend
- Have an open door policy – pop in for a chat, any time!
Beaconsfield Childcare deliver quality Early-Years care in partnership with:
Book a Visit
What parents say:
'The teaching of the children in social skills and general life skills ready for school is brilliant and I feel that my daughter who has had just one place of learning prior to school has developed many more skills than attending a pre-school’.