Nursery Funding

Nursery Funding

Here at Beaconsfield Childcare we offer the EEF grant funding for all 3 and 4 year old children, starting the term after they turn 3 years old. The terms run in conjunction with the term dates on Bucks County Council website.

Accessing the funding is made easy for you, as we apply on your behalf to Bucks County Council each term. All we ask you to do is to fill out, sign and date one form (PPA-U or PPA-E) and bring along a form of ID for your child (this must be done prior to a child accessing the funding). A new PPA-U/PPA-E form needs to be done every September, even if nothing has changed since the previous form was completed as this is considered best practice. We do all of the rest.

The funding can be accessed in two ways – either term-time only/standard offer (38 weeks of the year, again the same weeks as defined by the school term according to Bucks County Council), or what is known as the “stretched” offer (51 weeks of the year apart from when the setting is closed for the Christmas break).

If your child is term-time only, you can have a maximum of 15 hours per week funded, and would then be charged for any hours over this. If your child is on the stretched offer, you would receive a maximum of 11 hours per week, and would be charged for any additional hours over this. Since September 2018, there is now also the opportunity for parents to double these EEF hours to either 30 or 22, by getting what is called a “30 hour code”. Parents need to check their own eligibility on the HMRC website, and if successful, pass us over the code obtained, along with the NI number used to gain the code. The maximum amount of hours is subject to the amount of hours and/or sessions attended and is set out clearly in our “Admissions Policy”.

If your child is eligible for 2 year old funding, you can use their entitlement at our setting. Once you are in receipt of either a 6-digit code/letter from Bucks County Council declaring your eligibility, please contact us to arrange it for you. The paperwork for 2 year old funding is a form called a PPA-2YO, and we would also need to see ID for your child, prior to them accessing the funded hours/sessions.

For further information or if you have any questions relating to the above/EEF funding, then please contact our Group Business & HR Manager @

Beaconsfield Childcare